Feelwells will once again be kindly sponsoring our Fun Dog Show goody bags. We are extremely grateful to them for their on going support.
Aqua Dogs will kindly be sponsoring our Best in Show again this year and we are extremely grateful to both Angela and Ruth for their on going support. If you would like to see some of their amazing services take a look here.
Registration from 9.00am. Judging commences at 10.00am. The Fun Dog Show will be held in Ring Two. Only Best Trick and Best Junior Handler will be held in Ring One.
The class timings may be subject to variation but we will endeavour to adhere to the timings as closely as is possible.
Entry £2 per dog for every class.
There will be a combination of different judges throughout the show. Class Sponsors will be offered the opportunity to judge and present the trophy, rosettes and prizes for their class.
- Cup, rosette and prize for all class winners.
- Rosette and prize to sixth place in all classes.
- All entrants in the class Dog not Having Won a Prize Today and Best Junior Handler will receive a rosette.
- Cup, rosette and a prize for Best in Show.
- Cup, rosette and a prize for Reserve Best in Show.
Fun Classes - Open to All Dogs
Ring Two - Fun Dog Show - Open to All Dogs - 10.00am Start
- 10.00am Class 1 Best Sighthound - Kindly sponsored by Dinas Vets
- 10.20am Class 2 Best Veteran (over 7 years) - Kindly sponsored by Kim's Home for Elderly and Abused Dogs
- 10.40am Class 3 Best Terrier - Kindly sponsored by Kim's Home for Elderly and Abused Dogs
- 11.00am Class 4 Best Puppy (3-12 months of age) - Kindly sponsored by My Favourite Pet Shop
- 11.20 Class 5 Best Bull Breed/Exempted Dog - Kindly sponsored by Cardiff Canine Citizens
- 11.40 Class 6 Dog the Judge Would Most Like to Take Home - Kindly sponsored by Cwtchy Cavas
- 12.00 Class 7 Best Short Coat - Kindly sponsored by Vets4Pets Barry
- 12.30 Class 8 Best Long Coat - Kindly sponsored by Sleek & Chic Dog Grooming
- 1.00pm Class 9 Prettiest Bitch (Girl) - Kindly sponsored by Mucky Pups
- 1.30pm Class 10 Most Handsome Dog (Boy) - Kindly sponsored by Cardiff Canine Citizens
- 2.00pm Class 11 Best Rescue Dog (Boy) - Kindly sponsored by Health Mutt
- 2.30pm Class 12 Best Rescue Bitch (Girl) - Kindly sponsored by Martin Player High Class Butchers
- 3.00pm Class 15 Best Crossbreed Dog (Boy) - Kindly sponsored by Friends of the Dogs (Wales)
- 3.30pm Class 16 Best Crossbreed Bitch (Girl) - Kindly sponsored by Friends of the Dogs (Wales)
- 4.00 Class 17 Dog not Having Won a Prize Today - Kindly sponsored by Fonmon Castle
- 4.20pm Best in Show - Winners of all Classes - Kindly sponsored by Aqua Dogs Judge Angela Halls
Ring One Displays
- 2.20pm Class 13 Best Trick - Kindly sponsored by Cardiff Canine Citizens
- 3.20 Class 14 Best Junior Handler (Up to 14 years of age) - Kindly sponsored by Park Vets
The fun dog show can be entered on the day and forms will be provided
If you would like to sponsor a Class in the Dog Show, find out more and apply here.
Guidelines and Conditions for All Show Entrants and Visitors
- The South Wales Dog and Family Fun Day strive to ensure that everyone has a fantastic day out and would appreciate the assistance of all our visitors.
- Although we are Yellow Dog Friendly owners must behave responsibly and considerately to other show attendees, other dogs and their own dog.
- Water bowls will be available adjacent to Ring Two -The Fun Dog Show ring, at the Secretary's tent and around the showground.
- Paddling pools for dogs will be provided if the weather is hot.
- All dogs must be kept on a lead unless taking part in a supervised activity. There are no exceptions.
- Please do not leave any dog unattended in vehicles.
- Any persons seen mistreating their dog will be asked to leave the show.
- Please don't bring in season bitches.
- Please clean up after your dog and dispose of it in the bins provided.
- Litter bins will be provided around the site and sand buckets will be provided for cigarette ends, please use them.
- Once submitted, entry fees are non-returnable.